Wednesday, August 8, 2007

1st day of school 2007


And so another year starts. I remember when we were kids and the excitement of the first day of school. I remember when we would go down before school started and look at the class lists to see who we knew in our classes. It seems so long ago Now my kids are doing the same thing. Worrying about what friends are in their class and if they are going to be able to do the work of their new grade level. Jake is so worried about multiplication and division.

I remember getting taken to school the first day. My kids are so independent that they wanted to ride the bus. When did that independence happen. It seems just a short time ago they we so dependent upon us for everything.

Their first day went good and they are both excited about school. Although Tim is already worried about junior high, which he will start next year. I sure miss having them at home all the time and being their teacher. I am glad we moved back to this area so they can attend a good school. I hope that they too will create lifelong memories. I hope all of you are doing well.
Melissa

1 comment:

Families are Forever said...

You've been tagged. See my blog for more info.